Sunday, January 25, 2009

Premature Positivity

New year, new location, new beginnings....

First blog EVER, so bear with me!  I want to try to branch out into different things and becoming more 'tech savvy' is one of my goals.  Seems everyone nowadays has a blog so why not me and since I'm now so far from friends and family, this serves a two-fold purpose. 

2008 was also a rather chaotic year for me and not all that positive.  I recently relocated to Illinois, Belleville area, specifically, due to the military and am REALLY hoping that it yields more for me, personally and professionally, than the last place I lived.  

I start work on Tuesday and I'm trying to maintain an upbeat attitude about it but I'm not going to be getting the job I thought I was so I really feel slighted and that I was lured here under false pretenses.  As much as we like to think we've taken several steps forward as a society, there are still so many obvious grey areas when it comes to males/females in the work place.  I've never been a feminist, per say, but Jesus, Mary and Joseph.... when is shit going to be fair when we're all doing the same job?

I've been single longer than I care to admit and while it never really bothered me before, I am now 31 years old and that little clock that all females are born with has recently started ticking a little too loudly for me to drown out with drunken weekends at nameless bars.  Not that the men, and I use the term very loosely, that you meet at said bars are there for anything other than a good time so all in all, it's become a pretty pointless past time.  I should say, it beCAME a pointless past time awhile ago.  I'd much rather sit at home and drink wine with a couple of great girlfriends or find an Irish pub and down a few pints and have a conversation with friends that I don't have to shout at to hear them over the music.  

Anyway, as said, I'm stuck out here in the middle of the midwest, all alone, it's the New Year and this is one hell of a new beginning.  I guess I'll just try to roll with the punch right off the bat and see what happens...  Wish me luck, everyone!     

No comments:

Post a Comment